Characters

CHARACTERS

I took a few liberties with names and situations of characters. Please note that some names may not be the same as those in the original show.

Jay Burchell-
A young grad student and aspiring lawyer, Jay is one of the two men framed for the bombing of the Drexler museum. Jay struggles with the loss of his father, which happened when he was sixteen.

Tyler Fog-
A young grad student and aspiring chemist, Tyler is one of the two men framed for the bombing of the Drexler. Tyler has a strained relationship with his successful, businessman father.

Will Traveler-
A young spy who posed for two years as roommate/ best friend to Tyler Fogg and Jay Burchell; later framed them for the bombing of the Drexler. Shortly after, Will returns to help the men and risks everything in the process.

Kim Dowry (Originally Kim Doherty)-
Jay's girlfriend, employed as a photographer.

Nel Peterson-
Tyler's estranged girlfriend

Fred Chambers-
FBI agent in charge of the Drexler case with suspicious motives.

Jan Marlowe-
FBI agent working under chambers, interested in helping Jay and Tyler. She is willing to consider their innocence as a possibility, which separates her from every other FBI agent on the case.

Carlton Fog-
Tyler's father, owner of Fog Law Firm, and possibly connected to the Drexler incident.

Friday, January 13, 2012

First non- chapter post!

Hey guys!
I'm super excited about a new development in Running From A Lie. Basically, I'm taking a step towards getting more people into reading the book, as well as giving you all more information about what's going on. This includes a more constant update of the Facebook page; as well as the creation and maintenance of Youtube and Twitter accounts.

In addition to the Youtube, I'm going to begin a series of videos with "behind the scenes" material. This will include character sketches, sneak peeks of the next chapter, and fun little bits about my writing...and at the rate I'm going with the videos, I'm going to have to make a blooper reel soon. :D

I'm also working on putting together an author Q&A session! Of course, if this is gonna work, I'm going to need a lot of questions. Feel free to post as many questions as you want (you can post them as comments under this post!). I will answer any questions you ask(as long as it pertains to the writing and book....and doesn't make me give away any of the story line), as well as give you a mention!

Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Looking forward to all of this behind-the-scenes special stuff :-)

    One of the questions I have had is, how do you get from the big, overall plot to specific scenes and dialogue? Once you determine the direction the story needs to go, how do you move into the nuts and bolts of making it happen? Of course you may answer this question with your first video that I'm about to watch, but anyway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw cool!
    Could you elaborate a little more on your question? I'm confused. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I didn't think I phrased that very well :-P

    Simply put, how do you get from the big picture to the little details like action and dialogue? I'm assuming you start with the general plot direction and go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took my time trying to come up with good questions :) And I know I'm posting a lot, but you said you needed a lot so I came up with some... :)

    1. Which character is your favorite and why?

    2. Are any of the characters based of yourself?

    3. What sort of planning do you use for the plot and scenes?

    4. Which character are you killing first?

    5. Where do you find inspiration for your writing?

    6. What program do you use to write?

    7. Will you ever consider changing names and publishing it as a novel in and of its self?

    8. In your video, you said that the characters are writing themselves, does this eliminate most of the writing block you would get if you were writing the characters?

    9. What will you be calling your fans? (eg. Taylor Swift fans are called Swifties, Justin Bieber fans are called Beilebers.)

    10. Can I have your autograph? :)

    I started to run out of questions... :) Hope my questions weren't ridiculous or anything. I tried. :)

    ReplyDelete